Thursday, October 16, 2014

Savory Cookies





I am normally on the savory side of the cookies rather than the sweet ones. I tried many recipes and here is one I will share with you. This recipe is from my friend Eda. This is associated with her in general, at our teatime gatherings. I made some changes on her ingredients. I am still trying to cut down on access oil in recipes, therefore I skipped the olive oil and the result still came out good. It is crispy outside and fluffy inside.
 

INGREDIENTS:
 
DOUGH
200. gr butter
400 gr. flour
100 gr. yoghurt
5 tbs milk
1 tsp vinegar
1/2 a tsp salt
16 gr. baking powder
1 egg (white inside the dough and yolk on the rolls)

Preheat the oven in 180C/ 350F. 


FILLING
5 tbs chopped parsley
200 gr. mashed feta cheese



HOW TO MAKE IT:

Add in all the ingredients for the dough in the container and start mixing. I used my bread machine for the kneading. Keep kneading until it takes a non sticky texture. If your dough comes too sticky, you can add in some more flour. It might change from flour to flour. 


Once it is ready, you can start preparing the shape. Shape them as desired. I preferred to make round pieces and put the cheese-parsley filling in the middle and folded as I turned it in my hand. I put them on the non stick tray. Using a brush, put the egg yolk on each savory cookie. 



Then they are ready to go in the oven. In fan mode/turbo/ convection, bake it for 25 min. You can check the bottoms of the cookies. If they are golden brown at the bottom, it means they are done.






Here is the result. I hope you enjoy eating these delicious savory cheese cookies.

Bonne à petit!


No comments:

Post a Comment