Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My cake addicted cat, Shine


Is this normal? I have never seen it anywhere. My cat is an absolute cake addicted. He is waiting for the cake in the oven like he is waiting for the fish. I can hardly decorate my cake, running away from him. When the cake is in the fridge, then it is safe. Thus, he knows it very well that it will be eaten after it is cooled. Therefore, he is on duty waiting in front of the fridge. He stares at me innocently while miyaving, in  such a way that he means 'Give me as well".  As a result, we can not resist this cute impression he has, so he gets his little share. When you let, he can finish the whole cake.

The first time when we realised it, was a big shock for us. I prepared my sponge cake and let it for cooling on the table. Since I have never experienced it before, I, without knowing what's going to happen and enjoying a relaxing Sunday, realised that my ball player cat, Shine, is not begging around to play. I called him several times. Silence... I went around to look for him. Oh my goodness! I could not believe my eyes. There is only a quarter of my cake left!!! Despite that he was still keeping on. All of a sudden, he could not know what to do, as soon as his eyes sticked on my one. With the feeling of guilt, he ran away. I just thought that it is just a coinsedence, until I realised that he is showing the same attention for the second time. I had to be careful after having realised that. Now, we know that each cake has a share for Shine. An additional item in his favorites list of marronies, potatoes, sweet corns.

Honestly, life has no joice without these little cute creatures that we have never missed keeping around in our childhood. You can never teach these cute little pets to wait for us at the door, the welcoming dance that they make when we come in, showing the love they have for us each second. 

You still have noone waiting for you at home?



No comments:

Post a Comment